Wednesday 2 October 2013

The Mood Swings

One fine day after lunch in office, I felt like crying, for no reason whatsoever !
I called up my husband and thrashed him, spoke rude with colleagues and didn't call my family that day. When husband came home from work (thankfully not angry on me for what I did), I cried, like badly.
Then the other day, I felt like I am going to be the worst mom ever, I'd get nightmares like screwing up feeding, and making the baby wear too many clothes that she'd choke, and not holding her in proper positions that she'd slip out, and what not :( :(

But "A Big Thanks" to Google, that I could figure out what was wrong with me, and it was nothing but mood swings !
We all suffer from it one way or another but the ones you get while you are pregnant are too bad and pretty hard to handle, specially when everybody asks you to stay Happy.
Mood Swings are as inevitable as morning sickness in pregnancy. They can be majorly attributed to changing hormones, or fatigue, or sad metabolism causing heartburn and constipation, or worrying about parenting specially if its your first pregnancy. They are pretty much uncontrollable, but there are some ways you can sort it out !!
The commandments to mellow the mood swings -
  • Cry if you feel like it, laugh if you feel like it, don't hold it to yourself and let go.
  • Talk to your partner/husband/closest friend/mother or whoever you feel like, opening up really helps !
  • Take some time out to read what you always wanted to, watch movies, or dance (not too wild), or sing or wander or visit some place you like, see some old friends, distract yourself with good things, the things that keep you engaged in a better way !
  • Exercise, yoga, meditation - do whatever suits you, it is not only a great energy booster but it also makes you much calmer.
  • Educate yourself not only on mood swings, but on other nuances of being pregnant.
  • Don't scare yourself much about taking care part of the baby, it comes naturally to mother.
  • And if you really think that your feelings are much severe and you just can't handle it, go see you doctor ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment